CREA is a Mexico City nonprofit that supports women entrepreneurs in low-income communities, specifically with the idea to empower them and help them grow their businesses. I found out about CREA through my friend Liz, who is associate director.
Right now CREA works with women in Zacatecas, offering a business course where women [...]Continue Reading →
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- The glory of the Mexican breakfast
- A gringa in Mexico City
- Simple Oaxacan chile pasilla salsa
- How to make ponche, the traditional Mexican Christmas punch
- Hot-ass chile piquín salsa
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts