I’m loving this time of year. Here I was, thinking the city went crazy for El Dieciséis, but Day of the Dead is so much more colorful, and soulful. Brightly colored sheets of papel picado hang in store windows. Velvety, crimson terciopelo flowers sit in vases at restaurants. Orange marigolds, the traditional [...]Continue Reading →
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make your own butter
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- Five truths about tamales
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- A gringa in Mexico City
- Red taquería-style salsa
- How to season a molcajete, when you’re absolutely tired of grinding
- Simple Oaxacan chile pasilla salsa
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts