I lived in Mexico City for four years, from 2009-2013. Even though I live in New York City now (Queens represent), I still visit often. Please feel free to browse my Mexico City restaurant reviews, my round-up of the city’s street food and tacos, and my quest to find the capital’s best concha.
If you’re new in Mexico City, you might find the Expat Life section helpful, which has tips on finding taxis, what to do when your water gets shut off, and how to ride a bike safely.
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- A gringa in Mexico City
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- The Top 10 Tips to finding an apartment for rent in Mexico City
- How to season a molcajete, when you’re absolutely tired of grinding
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- Tostilocos: The Mexico street food nacho, Frito-pie hybrid
- Discovering tepache, or the juice of fermented pineapple
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts