I’m loving this time of year. Here I was, thinking the city went crazy for El Dieciséis, but Day of the Dead is so much more colorful, and soulful. Brightly colored sheets of papel picado hang in store windows. Velvety, crimson terciopelo flowers sit in vases at restaurants. Orange marigolds, the traditional [...]Continue Reading →
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- Simple Oaxacan chile pasilla salsa
- The glory of the Mexican breakfast
- A gringa in Mexico City
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- How to make ponche, the traditional Mexican Christmas punch
- Hot-ass chile piquín salsa
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts