You may have noticed a new sidebar to the right. I found out late last week, right when I was returning from New York, that I made it as a finalist in Saveur Magazine’s Best Food Blog Awards.
Out of 40,000 entries, the editors chose my little blog as one of the top blogs in Culinary Travel, along with five others.
This is a huge deal for me. Saveur is one of the top food magazines in the country and I buy it every time I’m in the States. There aren’t many outlets left publishing the kind of work they do: personal, emotion-driven food stories, which have nothing to do with hot new trends.
Will you vote for me? You do have to register your email address, and you can only vote once.
Voting is open through April 26.
Even if you don’t have time to vote, or you feel weird giving out your email address, I want you to know that I appreciate you reading and commenting. (Or, in some cases, not commenting, which is okay too. Being a lurker is perfectly fine.) You guys make this a better place.
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- A gringa in Mexico City
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- The Top 10 Tips to finding an apartment for rent in Mexico City
- How to season a molcajete, when you’re absolutely tired of grinding
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- Tostilocos: The Mexico street food nacho, Frito-pie hybrid
- Discovering tepache, or the juice of fermented pineapple
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts