Crayton and I are escaping for a week to Paris! We scored a great deal on miles back in March. It’ll be our first time there. We’re visiting our good friends Erik and Jesica, who moved to Paris a year ago.
My plan for the week is to walk around a lot, see a few museums and eat as much as I can. I’ve even worked out extra-hard over the past month, so you know I’m going to be hitting up the salted butter and the chocolate croissants.
We return to Mexico City on Sept. 18.
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- A gringa in Mexico City
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- The glory of the Mexican breakfast
- Simple Oaxacan chile pasilla salsa
- How to make ponche, the traditional Mexican Christmas punch
- Hot-ass chile piquín salsa
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts