The gas guy buzzed at 7:35 this morning, as promised. Crayton exchanged his tank for ours… and our tank was full. The dude managed to fill it up!
Now we just gotta try it out. No time for grilling this evening — I’ll be making Mexican chocolate tofu pudding and churros with the girls — but maybe tomorrow.
I really hope our house doesn’t blow up when we try to use this thing. Crayton swore over and over that he told the guy propane.
Who is Mija?
Mija is Lesley Téllez, a food writer and culinary guide in New York City. I spent four years in Mexico's Distrito Federal, which launched my deep love for Mexican food and culture. In 2010 I co-founded the tourism company Eat Mexico.
Be kind, ask permission!All photos on this site were taken by me, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like to use a photo, please email me.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to make homemade enchilada sauce in three easy steps
- How to make chiles rellenos, Mexican-grandmother style
- How to make a proper chile en nogada
- Tostilocos: The Mexico street food nacho, Frito-pie hybrid
- Five truths about tamales
- Buttery, Mexican-style pan de elote
- A gringa in Mexico City
- How to make ponche, the traditional Mexican Christmas punch
- Guacamole de molcajete, and how to make it without fear
Get The Mija Chronicles in your inbox
Read my old posts